Heavy Equipment Technician
Posted on 2/8/2017
Conduct all repairs on earth moving equipment. This hourly position will function under indirect supervision from the Equipment Manager.
1. Safely perform all essential functions
2. Perform all types of repairs on equipment
3. Ability to properly diagnose and repair hydraulics, powertrain, electrical, etc...
4. Ability to use CAT SIS and ET troubleshooting software
5. Complete all service reports and turn into shop administrative assistant
6. Perform cleanup at end of day or when job is completed, including cleaning tools and putting tools in proper storage
7. Proactively communicate with Equipment Manager concerning equipment
and job-related projects
8. Ensure safety devices are functional, such as back up alarms, fire extinguishers, seat belts, horns, etc.
9. Operate and move heavy trucks and equipment which requires a
Commercial Driver License
10. Exercise proper care and maintenance of company equipment
11. Work more than 40 hours per week and overtime including some weekends
12. Be willing to travel out of state to job sites and stay overnight and weeks
at a time
13. Perform additional assignments per Equipment Manager's direction
o Methods, materials, tools and equipment used to repair equipment
o Basic computer skills
o Construction operations.