Plateau People – Whitney Touchet, Project Coordinator
With a strong foundation built on people, quality craftsmanship, and innovation, Plateau Excavation has become a leader in tackling advanced, large-scale and complex site development projects, but it is our people that truly make the difference and have moved the company forward.
- How many years have you been at Plateau Excavation? I have been at Plateau for a year and a half.
- What’s your job title? My job title is Project Coordinator
- What exactly do you do at our company – I help in many different areas, but I mainly assist the project managers with new project start-ups as well as signing subcontractors up to perform work on our job sites.
- So far, what has been your favorite project? – My favorite project would have to be Timber Ridge. Although it is a project on the smaller side of the scale for a job done by Plateau, it is a part of the development plan for my hometown, and I got to see the site transform almost daily.
- How would you describe your team or the people you work with? I would describe the people I work alongside to be driven, detail-orientated, and compassionate.
- What advice would you provide to someone interested in getting into this industry? – Let’s face it. Construction will always be around. If you want to get into this industry, I suggest diving in headfirst and being ready to learn. Do not be afraid to ask questions or provide feedback on anything you may be working on and keep in mind that you have so many different channels in the industry that you can work in.
- What is your favorite aspect about your job, Plateau, or the industry? – My favorite aspect of construction is seeing the process of a job site take place and being a part of that process. It is a rewarding feeling to help assist in getting the paperwork in order and together for a new site to start up.
- What drew you to Plateau originally? – I was a new mom looking for a new path in my career when I saw a Plateau sign at the front of a job site. When I checked out their website and saw how they prided themselves in their work, I knew I had to try to be a part of the team.
- What is something unique about you (a fun fact) that few people are aware of? – I love to read a LOT of books and also love fishing. 😊
Let’s face it. Construction will always be around. If you want to get into this industry, I suggest diving in headfirst and being ready to learn. Do not be afraid to ask questions or provide feedback on anything you may be working on and keep in mind that you have so many different channels in the industry that you can work in.