Plateau People – Lisa Carroll, Controller
With a strong foundation built on people, quality craftsmanship, and innovation, Plateau Excavation has become a leader in tackling advanced, large-scale, and complex site development projects, but it is our people that truly make the difference and have moved the company forward.
Today’s Plateau People Spotlight is Controller, Lisa Carroll.
- How many years have you been at Plateau? In September, I will celebrate 27 years at Plateau.
- What’s your job title? What exactly do you do at our company? I am the Controller for Plateau and perform a variety of duties. I work closely with Nate to ensure the financial information is accurate and submitted to corporate. I also assist with AP, AR, and JC analysis.
- How would you describe your team or the people you work with? I would describe the team/people I work with as the best. Whenever I am asked about work, I always say the people I work with are my “work family.” I feel extremely close to all of those I work with. For those who were here five years ago during my cancer battle, I cannot express my gratitude for the support given to me. Everyone was so understanding and caring.
- What advice would you provide to someone interested in getting into this industry? The advice I would give to anyone whether coming to this industry or any industry is always do your best, and don’t be afraid to ask questions.
- What is your favorite aspect about your job, Plateau, or the industry? My favorite aspect is that working with the financials/numbers, I interact with all “in-house” departments, not just the accounting staff. Since I have been here for a while, I also know a lot of the field supervisors.
- What drew you to Plateau originally? I came to Plateau with the Aiken acquisition, and it is wonderful to be working with a company that takes pride in their work. Even as the company has grown, it still has the “family” feel.
- What is something unique about you (a fun fact) that few people are aware of? A fun fact – I love to read. When I go on vacation to the beach, I love to sit, listen to the ocean, and read – sometimes as many as 4 or 5 books in one week.
It is wonderful to be working with a company that takes pride in their work. Even as the company has grown, it still has the “family” feel.