Plateau People – Christina Shanks, Purchasing Agent
With a strong foundation built on people, quality craftsmanship, and innovation, Plateau Excavation has become a leader in tackling advanced, large-scale and complex site development projects, but it is our people that truly make the difference and have moved the company forward.
- How many years have you been at Plateau Excavation? A little over 2 years
- What’s your job title? Purchasing Agent
- What exactly do you do at our company? I review pricing and sign-up material suppliers based on pricing and crew availability. I also support the PM/APM team with structure review, pricing, and material ordering when requested.
- So far, what has been your favorite project? So far, my favorite project has been Hyundai. However, each project has its uniqueness, and I enjoy working on all of them.
- How would you describe your team or the people you work with? The team at PEI is by far the best group of people that I have ever worked with. We all work together as a team to achieve a common goal all while enjoying deeply what we do. I have never worked with a more caring and hardworking group in my entire career.
- What advice would you provide to someone interested in getting into this industry? This field has to be your passion. We work hard at what we do and love every minute of it.
- What is your favorite aspect about your job, Plateau, or the industry? Working for Plateau has allowed me the opportunity to see projects grow from the ground up. Where some people see a piece of land, I see what can be built there. We transform communities and lives every day.
- What drew you to Plateau originally? I originally worked for Foley Precast and was the Project Manager who managed all of the precast material for Plateau and numerous other companies. PEI stood out above all others regarding accuracy, project management, and respectfulness.
- What is something unique about you (a fun fact) that few people are aware of? I relocated from Washington State in 2019.
Working for Plateau has allowed me the opportunity to see projects grow from the ground up. Where some people see a piece of land, I see what can be built there. We transform communities and lives every day.