Plateau People – Jeff Martin, Superintendent
With a strong foundation built on people, quality craftsmanship, and innovation, Plateau Excavation has become a leader in tackling advanced, large-scale and complex site development projects, but it is our people that truly make the difference and have moved the company forward.
- How many years have you been at Plateau Excavation? I started in July 2016
- What’s your job title? Superintendent
- What exactly do you do at our company? Manage 2-3 jobs at one time, manage grading crews, pipe crews, and all in-house sub-contractors.
- So far, what has been your favorite project? I can’t say I have had a favorite; all jobs have challenges and are unique in their own way.
- How would you describe your team or the people you work with? Loyal, dedicated, and hard-working
- What advice would you provide to someone interested in getting into this industry? Don’t limit yourself to one thing. Learn all aspects of the job and spend time in the field because the field is where it takes place. Be patient on making a decision and know which direction you want to take. It never hurts to know a little about a lot.
- What is your favorite aspect about your job, Plateau, or the industry? Seeing a job from day one and then seeing the job on the final punch list and reflecting back on the challenges we had.
- What drew you to Plateau originally? Rick Hall. Rick recruited me and it’s been the best decision I ever made.
- What is something unique about you (a fun fact) that few people know? My family is what I’m most proud of. I have a beautiful wife Kay who is the backbone of our family, I have 2 kids in college Coy and Sammi who are both student athletes, and I am extremely proud of them.
Don’t limit yourself to one thing. Learn all aspects of the job and spend time in the field because the field is where it takes place. Be patient on making a decision and know which direction you want to take. It never hurts to know a little about a lot.