Plateau People – Jeff Owensby, General Superintendent
With a strong foundation built on people, quality craftsmanship, and innovation, Plateau Excavation has become a leader in tackling advanced, large-scale and complex site development projects, but it is our people that truly make the difference and have moved the company forward.
- How many years have you been at Plateau Excavation? Since 2004, celebrating 20 years this year with Plateau.
- What’s your job title? General Superintendent
- What exactly do you do at the company? I started in 1991 as a pipe layer and worked my way up to site superintendent.
- So far, what has been your favorite project? All of them – the tougher the better
- How would you describe your team or the people you work with? I have some great people across 5 crews, and putting 6 together now.
- What advice would you provide to someone interested in entering this industry? You have to be willing to put in the hard work. It’s tough work but worth it.
- What is your favorite aspect about your job, Plateau, or the industry? I enjoy running the crews and watching the job come together.
- What drew you to Plateau initially? I was at Aiken Grading and joined Plateau with that merge.
- Anything else to share? “Family means more to me than anything. I work and spend time with my family.” Jeff has two sons who both work here at Plateau, his brother-in-law works here, and his soon-to-be son-in-law now works here as well.
You have to be willing to put in the hard work. It’s tough work but worth it.