Plateau People – Jose Hernandez, Grading Superintendent
With a strong foundation built on people, quality craftsmanship, and innovation, Plateau Excavation has become a leader in tackling advanced, large-scale and complex site development projects, but it is our people that truly make the difference and have moved the company forward.
- How many years have you been at Plateau? I’ve been part of Plateau for 8 years.
- What’s your job title? Grading Superintendent
- What exactly do you do at our company? Work with various groups within our company or subcontractors to move our scope of work within our promised schedule.
- So far, what has been your favorite project? My favorite project of mine would be Protovision. That was my first official site where I began to run a crew. That’s basically where it all started for me.
- How would you describe your team or the people you work with? The best way to describe my team would be a “Dedicated group of guys who go over and beyond to keep us moving forward.” Without our team, we are nothing.
- What advice would you provide to someone interested in getting into this industry? Patience is key. Every stepping stone paves the way for a brighter future. Keep an open mind and aim to learn something new every day.
- What is your favorite aspect about your job, Plateau, or the industry? I enjoy that every job is different, always new innovations coming into play. We sometimes have to adjust to achieve our goals.
- What drew you to Plateau originally? I’ve always been fascinated by the heavy equipment industry. Here we are now living the dream.
The best way to describe my team would be a “Dedicated group of guys who go over and beyond to keep us moving forward.” Without our team, we are nothing.