Plateau People – Matthew Robbins, Soil Stabilization Foreman
With a strong foundation built on people, quality craftsmanship, and innovation, Plateau Excavation has become a leader in tackling advanced, large-scale and complex site development projects, but it is our people that truly make the difference and have moved the company forward.
- How many years have you been at Plateau Excavation? I have been with Plateau for a little over two years now.
- What’s your job title? Soil Stabilization Foreman
- What exactly do you do at our company? As foreman, I manage field operations to ensure safety, efficiency, and timeliness on job sites using state-of-the-art technology and equipment.
- So far, what has been your favorite project? It’s hard to say. In our line of work, we get to bounce around from job-to-job stabilizing sites all over the state. Needless to say, we enjoy them all!
- How would you describe your team or the people you work with? That’s exactly what we are: a team, a unit, a family. I’ve got the blessing to work with a great group of people who are highly motivated, and dedicated, and go above and beyond to deliver the highest level of quality in any task they are faced with.
- What advice would you provide to someone interested in getting into this industry? Getting into this industry is definitely not for everyone. It takes hard work, dedication, and sacrifice. You need to be flexible and have a willingness to learn and grow with each new job. If you decide that this is the profession for you, your hard work will pay off tenfold.
- What is your favorite aspect about your job, Plateau, or the industry? I love the element of travel and networking. It’s awesome to be able to see new places and meet new faces!
- What drew you to Plateau originally? I worked for another company that subcontracted to Plateau. I saw how Plateau operated their business and treated their employees, so when they expanded their business to soil stabilization, coming on board was a no-brainer.
- What is something unique about you (a fun fact) that few people are aware of? On my days off, I enjoy riding my Harley to new places. I’m from Kentucky originally, so I am still exploring Georgia and all the Deep South has to offer. My Harley is my stress reliever after a long week at work.
- Anything else to share? Working for Plateau has been a blessing to me and my family. So many doors have opened up that I never even knew existed.
That’s exactly what we are: a team, a unit, a family. I’ve got the blessing to work with a great group of people who are highly motivated, and dedicated, and go above and beyond to deliver the highest level of quality in any task they are faced with.