Plateau People – Richard McGuirt, Superintendent
With a strong foundation built on people, quality craftsmanship, and innovation, Plateau Excavation has become a leader in tackling advanced, large-scale and complex site development projects, but it is our people that truly make the difference and have moved the company forward.
- How many years have you been at Plateau Excavation? 2 years
- What’s your job title? Superintendent
- What exactly do you do at our company? Coordinate and manage all onsite activities, as well as work with project managers, project engineers, foreman, and field personnel to deliver successful projects on time and on budget with the desired level of quality.
- So far, what has been your favorite project? Walmart in Wellford, South Carolina
- How would you describe your team or the people you work with? My team is dedicated and willing to go above and beyond to ensure a successful project.
- What advice would you provide to someone interested in getting into this industry? If you are willing to give 100% and dedicate yourself, the growth and rewards are worth it.
- What is your favorite aspect about your job, Plateau, or the industry? I get to play in the dirt like a kid in a sandbox. I love to run the equipment as well.
- What drew you to Plateau originally? The fast pace and the growing projects that I get to be a part of.
- What is something unique about you (a fun fact) that few people are aware of? I love Halloween. It is my absolute favorite holiday.
If you are willing to give 100% and dedicate yourself, the growth and rewards are worth it.