Plateau People – The Parks Brothers, Michael and Richard, Senior Field Engineers
With a strong foundation built on people, quality craftsmanship, and innovation, Plateau Excavation has become a leader in tackling advanced, large-scale and complex site development projects, but it is our people that truly make the difference and have moved the company forward.
- How many years have you been at Plateau Excavation? 13 years. (25 years combined with Plateau/Aiken Grading merger).
- What’s your job title? We are Senior Field Engineers
- What exactly do you do at our company? On our projects, we handle the electronic file management, calculations, and layout of all grading, and utilities with features such as curb, retaining walls, site lighting, and paving with GPS and or Robotic Total Station. Also involved with site coordination between clients, grading crews, and sub-contractors.
- So far, what has been your favorite project? Truist Park and Avalon in Alpharetta would be at the top of the list. Both were very similar in concept, time sensitivity, and detailed-driven High Profile Projects. Also, a close second would be the current ongoing Hyundai SK Plant in Kingston. When finished the sheer size and magnitude of work to be done will probably put it at the top of the list.
- How would you describe your team or the people you work with? Great communicators and very organized throughout each project. Coordination is the first priority due to the rapid pace of each project.
- What advice would you provide to someone interested in getting into this industry? Always try to be prepared for any situation, be great at multitasking, and be willing to be flexible in solving problems as they arise.
- What is your favorite aspect about your job, Plateau, or the industry? Challenges that come with keeping up with the many revisions on each project and organization to retrieve information quickly and accurately. We appreciate the relationships built with clients, contractors, and the team we work with daily.
- What drew you to Plateau originally? We came to Plateau through the acquisition of Aiken Grading in 2011.
- What is something unique about you (a fun fact) that few people are aware of? Many people don’t realize that we are brothers and have worked together as a team for almost 40 years. Normally they can’t guess which is the oldest…. Which is usually the first question we get asked!
- Anything else to share? Always be honest, stand true to who you are, and be accountable. Try to always treat people with respect. With that combination, you’ll always come out a winner!
Always be honest, stand true to who you are, and be accountable. Try to always treat people with respect. With that combination, you’ll always come out a winner!