Plateau People – Tyler Boddie, Superintendent
With a strong foundation built on people, quality craftsmanship, and innovation, Plateau Excavation has become a leader in tackling advanced, large-scale and complex site development projects, but it is our people that truly make the difference and have moved the company forward.
- How many years have you been at Plateau Excavation? 8 years
- What’s your job title? Superintendent
- What exactly do you do at our company? I’m out in the field every day managing the job and crew, making sure we’re staying ahead of all the schedules and deadlines. I handle on-site meetings with the general contractor and subcontractors, make sure each job has the right equipment and team to do the job, and order and schedule materials and installation.
- So far, what has been your favorite project? Oakmont 20 West. This was a fun and challenging site. The layout of the land was challenging at first with a lot of steep ground, and oh, let’s not forget about all the rock! With all the walls and storm pipe required within the wall layback, scheduling installation and coordinating with team members, this job kept me on my toes.
- How would you describe your team or the people you work with? The Best! When I think of the word “team,” I think Plateau! We all have a passion (maybe even crazy) for what we do and we’re here to achieve the same goal. We’re basically one BIG Family!
- What advice would you provide to someone interested in getting into this industry? The opportunities are endless in this industry, although I will say, it’s not for everyone! I feel like this is an industry that you need to enjoy, or it will never work out. It takes effort, sacrifice, and hard work but a very rewarding field (pun intended) to be in.
- What is your favorite aspect about your job, Plateau, or the industry? The people I’m privileged to work with every day and the challenges that we face and overcome. I’ve always liked that I’m never in one place for too long, it’s like you’re on a different adventure every day.
- What drew you to Plateau originally? I always had seen “Plateau” sites all over the Atlanta area and at the time I was traveling for work. Then one day I got a call with an opportunity to join the team, I immediately jumped onboard.
- What is something unique about you (a fun fact) that few people are aware of? Growing up, I always played outside with tractors. I would always tell everyone when I grew up I was going to be working in the dirt with tractors, and that is exactly what I do. Lol I’ve never veered from the industry.
- Anything else to share? When I’m not working, eating, or sleeping you can find me at the lake or the ballfield watching my Daughter!
When I think of the word “team,” I think Plateau! We all have a passion (maybe even crazy) for what we do and we’re here to achieve the same goal. We’re basically one BIG Family!