Amazon Macon (Project Unicorn)
Amazon.com chose Plateau to partner with on several very complex, fast track requirements in the Southeast region of the United States.
Project Description / Details
Fulfillment center in Macon, creating more than 500 full-time jobs, Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal announced.
The Macon facility, to be located on Sardis Church and Skipper roads just off Interstate 75, will be 1 million square feet and represents a $70 million investment. Amazon will lease the site from the Macon-Bibb County Industrial Authority.
While 500 jobs were officially announced, plans for the Amazon facility indicated that 1,000 workers could be employed during peak season. Employees in Macon will pick, pack and ship large-sized items for customers, such as furniture, sporting equipment and gardening tools.
It’s taken only about seven months for crews to erect the massive structure, and soon the keys will be turned over to the giant online retailer.
Service Type: E-Commerce
Location: Macon, Georgia
Additional Project Details:
- 87 acre site
- over 400,000 cubic yards of material moved
- 115,000 square yards of soil cement to expedite stabilize building pad through winter
- over 30,000 lineal feet of storm, water and sewer piping.
- over 35,000 tons of stone placed
- 35,000 square feet of sidewalk
- 20,000 lineal feet of curb
- 50,000 square yards of asphalt