The Carolina Connector Intermodal (CCX) Rail Terminal is an intermodal facility that consisted of 7 process tracks, 1 ER track, 1 RIP Track, and North and South lead tracks.
Project Description / Details
The overall project consisted of leading site development for this new intermodal facility on approximately 300 acres of existing farmland and forests. Two crane rails for 3 overhead cranes, a process area, container stacking area, new fueling area, one new administration building, one new maintenance building, and a new roadability building, along with all the supporting infrastructure for the facilities.
BACK TO PROJECTS
Service Type: Regional
Location: Rocky Mount, North Carolina
Additional Project Details:
- 144 acre intermodal rail terminal for CCX
- Moved over 700,000 CY of material
- Stabilzed onsite material with over 35,000 tons of lime
- Installed over 11,500 lf of storm drain and 36,000 lf of underdrain
- Installed over 12,500 lf of water line which ranged from 4″ to 16″ and 24″ public water line relocations
- Placed over 55,000 tons of ballast stone
- Placed over 20,000 tons of base stone