QTS Data Center
QTS Mega Data Center campus, featuring its own on-site Georgia Power substations and direct fiber access to a wide variety of carrier alternatives.
Project Description / Details
Site development across five phases of work for a new data center, an onsite Georgia Power substation, an expansion of the new data center, a second onsite Georgia Power substation, and two additional data centers.
Service Type: Mission Critical
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Additional Project Details:
- 48-acre redevelopment of a former Mead Westvaco manufacturing plant
- Disposed of existing contaminated non-hazardous soils in a subtitle D landfill
- Moved 300,000 CY of material
- Exported 90,000 CY of material offsite from the project.
- Installed 10’x9’ box culvert and 18” sanitary sewer line for 1,800lf to re-route the existing alignment
- Shored the culvert and sanitary line started in 45’ deep excavation which required a lagging wall design
- Project meets Atlanta’s green infrastructure requirements and has three underground detention systems with infiltration