Plateau People – Jesus Escamilla, Backhoe GPS Operator
With a strong foundation built on people, quality craftsmanship, and innovation, Plateau Excavation has become a leader in tackling advanced, large-scale and complex site development projects, but it is our people that truly make the difference and have moved the company forward.
- How many years have you been at Plateau Excavation? I’ve been at Plateau for a little over a year.
- What’s your job title? Backhoe GPS Operator
- What exactly do you do at our company? I really try to just help out the people around me most of the time. It’s nice to have that interaction.
- So far, what has been your favorite project? Rivian – It’s really just been nice to see the big change. We’re almost done with that job site now.
- How would you describe your team or the people you work with? They are all hard-working, and really respectful as well. They are just about their business and that’s what it’s about.
- What advice would you provide to someone interested in getting into this industry? Just jump into it. You can really learn a lot, and it really does take you a long way in life. Most importantly, it’s fun to see the machines and the problems and solutions on job sites.
- What is your favorite aspect about your job, Plateau, or the industry? My favorite aspect is getting along with the people. It makes the job just a little smoother and really makes a difference.
- What drew you to Plateau originally? Plateau really drew my attention because my dad has worked at Plateau for a long time, and he would always bring me out to sites. It was really fun for me to see the machinery. We have a lot of new stuff now – so it is fun seeing the big changes too.
- What is something unique about you (a fun fact) that few people are aware of? I’ve spent a lot of time around my father and job sites. It’s the reason why I know a little about everything going on. If it wasn’t for him, I wouldn’t have gotten this far.
I really try to just help out the people around me most of the time. It’s nice to have that interaction.