Plateau People – Vishram R Gayah, Survey Manager, FL
With a strong foundation built on people, quality craftsmanship, and innovation, Plateau Excavation has become a leader in tackling advanced, large-scale and complex site development projects, but it is our people that truly make the difference and have moved the company forward.
- How many years have you been at Plateau Excavation? Last September, it was 34 years with Dewitt Excavation (since 2016 with the merge of Plateau Excavation).
- What’s your job title? Survey Manager in Florida
- What exactly do you do at our company? I am in charge of survey crews, as-builts, calculations, and building machine files in Florida.
- So far, what has been your favorite project? Winter Garden Village Mall.
- How would you describe your team or the people you work with? We have a great group of people.
- What advice would you provide to someone interested in entering this industry? It’s a great field, especially for people trying to raise a family. There are many different areas to choose from once they are motivated.
- What is your favorite aspect about your job, Plateau, or the industry? Meeting new people and accepting the challenges that come with each project.
- What drew you to Plateau initially? After moving from Trinidad, I saw Dewitt had a survey position available and wanted to start a career that would compliment having a family and creating a life in the US.
- What is something unique about you (a fun fact) that few people know? I am always trying to find a better/faster to do stuff.
- Anything else to share? I love my job!
The best party of my job is meeting new people and accepting the challenges that come with each project. I love my job!