Meta Newton Data Center
Facebook, Meta, is currently adding a three-building expansion at its Newton Data Center, a 970,000-square-foot data center in Newton County, Ga. In the second phase of the development, the company will add 1.5 million square feet to the existing two-building campus. The first phase is expected to came online in 2021, while the second phase is scheduled for completion in 2023.
Upon full build-out, the investment will total more than $1 billion and add more than 200 jobs.
Located at 100 Move Fast Way in Social Circle, Ga., the first phase of the data center broke ground in 2018.
The facility will run on renewable energy and will use outdoor air for free cooling. Situated close to Interstate 20, the property is 44 miles east of downtown Atlanta.
Project Description / Details
Facebook Data Center Campus #1 (2017–2020)
- 188 acres
- Moved upwards of 1,800,000 CY of material
- Blasted 155,000 CY of rock
- Crushed 175,000 tons of stone, onsite
- Managed installation of storm drainage (34,000 LF) and wet utilities (32,000 LF) along with the excavation for all electrical and telecom duct banks
Facebook Data Center Campus #2 (2021–Present)
- 285 acres
- Moved upwards of 2,600,000 CY of material
- Managed the installation of storm drainage (32,000 LF) and wet utilities (70,000 LF) along with the excavation for all electrical and telecom duct banks (34,000 LF)